Galveston

Friday, March 18, 2011

Another day of surf

Today was another GREAT day! It started off nice and slow with an easy morning of hanging out at the beach. MrsBlue was glad to head to the beach to lay out, but only a few minutes of "sitting" and I couldn't take it anymore...there was surf going off and I needed to part of it. So, I grabbed the board and paddled out to the lineup.

This was a repeat surf spot (Kaisers...it think). The lineup was crowded and I tried to stay out of the way of the locals. When one started yelling and cursing, I was afraid it was at me...but it was at another local (I think in jest about going right or left).

The wind was once again blown out and stiff...however, I wasn't going to let this deter me one bit. I caught several waves during the 2+ hours in the lineup. I need more surf!!!

Memories of the day --
- watching a coral reef speed by as you ride a wave only feet from danger
- island pineapple cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory is to die for
- relaxing at the beach is so much more fun than running around the island
- who do I need to know to get a job HERE?

No comments: