Galveston

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Going, Going, Gone

One more day before it's back to work (or at least traveling back to work).
The time with MrsBlue and LilBlue has gone by TOO fast. I can't believe I have been in Hawaii for two weeks! It seems like I just got here!

We have done a lot and checked out the island...there are so many beautiful places here that I could spend years looking at and enjoying this place. However, MrsBlue thinks it's costly to be here with gas prices at over $4 per gallon, avocados at $2.79 each and red peppers at $4.98 each... Also, soda was twice the price of stateside!

Also, my Hawaiian surfboard is now GONE as well...I feel so so so NAKED without her....like I'm a tourist or something!

It's kind of interesting how the selling of the surfboard went down. We posted the ad with pictures on Honolulu Craigslist at 0930 and took down the ad by 0940! Yes, it was only up 10 minutes and would have been even shorter if I could have deleted it faster. Before we could get the ad to load on my computer, we had a text message and within 5 minutes I had over 8 calls. Caller number 3 was the lucky winner and was ready to come get it right away. However, I needed one last session with my girl "myMoana" so that LilBlue could surf in Hawaii. So I told the guy we'd meet at 1500 and LilBlue and I headed to Queens for a few smaller waves.

Well, LilBlue got up a few times on the board...I was a little worried since myMoana is a little "skatey"! However, she decided only a few waves were good enough and we called it a day! Great she surfed Hawaii!
When we made it back for the rendezvous with Brandon (the buyer), I thought we were heading out for some covert op! We had a plan in case something went wrong with the "transaction". The plan was I would go out and wait for Brandon to show while MrsBlue and LilBlue would hang back and watch! If something happened, we would have multiple groups in pursuit! Yeah, some cloak and dagger for selling myMoana, but she is beautiful and you never know with buyers on Craigslist deals!

We decided to meet at the Volleyball courts on Waikiki Beach and Brandon showed up on a skateboard. Dude, this guy was a LOCAL!!! He did a cursory look at the board, asked if I would take less and then handed over the money...transaction complete...myMoana was now GONE. A new rider for the rest of her life!

It was interesting while I had myMoana. Several times, including the day I let her go, people commented on how beautiful she was with the triple stringer and glassed on fins. MyMoana was no "rental board". She was my pride and joy! I even considered how to ship her back with me but knew MrsBlue wouldn't go for that. It would have cost me more to ship her home than I paid for her...a No Go from the Get Go!

The vaca is just about over. One last day of relaxing before heading our separate ways as a fam! MrsBlue to MO, LilBlue to NE and me to my undisclosed location! Only 90 days before we are reunited once again who knows where!

This has been an adventure in blue (blue waters, blue sky, with the blue family).

Aloha and Mahalo!!!!

No comments: