Galveston

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Day 5 -- Did I Remind you I'm in Hawaii

HI --- That's the abbreviation for the state of Hawaii. What a coolio abbreviation!

Today' activity included -- A hike to see a Lighthouse, an hour at the beach, a drive around the island (North Shore had high surf warnings), a sunset surf session, Hot Tub and a walk around Waikiki for window shopping...

Let me see, what was the MOSTEST Fun? Just hanging out with MrsBlue all day. If this is what I have to look forward to in retirement, Sign Me UP!!!

It has been great just hanging out and enjoying the days together...no agenda (well not really, but we do make plans...that's the way MrsBlue is wired).

The hike this morning was fun. MrsBlue said it was only a mile, so I thought, no need for anything but flip flops were called for on the feet! A little mistake...it was a LOT longer an a mile! However, we had several whale sightings along the hike and also saw the cool Makapuu lighthouse. We still need to make it back to Barbers Point to see that lighthouse! This was well worth the hike in flip flops...but it was more of a workout than I was expecting.

Then we headed for Kailua beach and had fun "people watching". There was this one family that really got us tickled when they decided to rent canoes and a SUP. I did a little commentary for the sequence of events that followed...we are lucky they all didn't drown or get lost at sea. The 12 year old boy had the darnedest time trying to get that SUP to go...anywhere. At the same time, the waves were dumping over the canoes with the father and daughter as well an Mom. It was a Clampett's Go To Hawaii moment!

I did enjoy the Sunset Surf session, but let me tell you the paddle out was LONG...this ain't no quick paddle, catch a wave, surf and you're done. No, it's a workout just to get to the surf break. Then you surf and when all tired out, you think...okay, time to go in. But that's when you realize you still have a long paddle back to shore. Tonight I paddled out and almost didn't make it in time before the sun went down. On the way out, two Outrigger Canoes almost ran me down as they tried to catch a wave. I thought I was a goner. However, I got a few waves in before it went dark. Then I had the long paddle back to find MrsBlue sitting on the beach waiting in the dark for me to arrive.

Anyhow ---- Great Day!!!!

No comments: