Galveston

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Terrific Tuesday -- ChaChing

What a day today...

This morning we started off the day a little later than normal since we were heading to SeaLife Park for LilBlue to ride the dolphins :) Let me tell you, this ain't no cheap adventure. Even though we picked up the tickets from base, everything else was FULL price!!! After checking in, we found out that all of the other participants had cancelled or attended the previous day, so this was going to be a LilBlue ONLY event. However, at the last minute, some rich divorced father trying to show his daughter some love for being absent all the time, ponied up the $220 x 2 (daughter and father tickets) to join LilBlue in the tank. However, the trainer got the info a little late and had already started the time in the water with LilBlue, so she got an extra 15 minutes with the dolphins.

It was a great event for LilBlue since she got to get a foot push and ride two dolphins along with swimming with them.

As I mentioned, this was an expensive day...since we HAD to have photos and the DVD of the event!!! I'm not complaining since LilBlue LOVED it and I can't justify anything after buying a surfboard while I was here...again no complaining for this once in a lifetime adventure for LilBlue.

We ended the day as we have many days here in Hawaii...going to the beach, surfing followed immediately with a trip to the Hot Tub. I think LilBlue is getting spoiled having the hot tub every night. I know I am and I may have to speak with the Pool Staff when I return to my "undisclosed location" since the hut tub has not been working for a few months!

Tomorrow is a big day as well. We plan to see KJ (Kevin Johnson) who is an Airman from back in my 3rd Herd days. He's stationed at Hickam...who does he know? It's been 20 years since we have seen him!!!!

Mahalo...for the great day!!!!

No comments: