Galveston

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Let the journey begin

Today is our last day on the island and we planned to go see and art gallery and the State Capitol.  However, it's Prince SomethingOrOther state holiday and everything is closed.  We only found this out after feeding the parking meeter for 2 hours of park time, walking around downtown to nothing being open, finding a Cupcake place the supposedly rivals Sprinkles in Beverly Hills only to find it was SOLD OUT...did we realize that you don't have to feed a parking meter on Saturdays, Sundays and HOLIDAYs (yes today is that...a holiday)!

But all is good!!!  We were together for the day spending our last few hours together before we depart to three locations again!  We decided to stop by Hilo Hatties (a Honolulu icon store -- it wasn't anything to spend too much time there IMO).  However, it was some place we hadn't been on this trip...and we had some time to kill.

After that we made a final trip to Hickam BX and Pearl Habor NEX for some last minute items (goodie food for the trip).  As we started toward to the airport to drop off MrsBlue and LilBlue (they were flying out a little earlier than I was), we got notified that their flight from Honolulu to Dallas was delayed for...SNOW!  Who would have thought.  We did see that OhMyGod Omaha had snow last night, but Dallas delayed for snow!!!!  That's why MrsBlue chose AA as a carrier so that they wouldn't have weather issues in March!  However, this allowed us to spend another few precious hours together as a family.

During our trip to the BX, we purchase new rings since we are celebrating our 25th Anniversary on this vacation!  MrsBlue picked out a nice Hawaiian sterling silver ring and I picked out a Titanium inlayed with Koa wood...BOTH are beautiful and something for us to keep for years to remember this trip.  While I love my ring, I wish I could have figured out how to keep myMoana!!!  Oh well, I'm over that (well kind of)...LOL

We are now sitting at the USO Honolulu awaiting out boarding of the planes.  We all leave within 30 minutes of each other.  However, I have another day of travel to get to my destination.

MrsBlue is working on the finances, LilBlue is ready magazines and here I sit (MiB) typing on my blog!!!  I really need to get a life!

This will be my last blog until I return to my undisclosed location in Southwest Asia.  I'm sure I'll have more stories to tell about this trip as well as new stories of my deployment.  However, time is running short on the deployment...only 83 days left before I return home (where ever that is) to be with MrsBlue once again!

Things to remember:
- Family time is ALWAYS great time
- LilBlue is all grown up...where did the time go?  (oh yeah, I was deployed a lot of it)
- MrsBlue is the BESTEST wife...I am so blessed to have her
- If taking a vacation, find someplace closer...half way around the world is a little far to go (but if Uncle Sam is paying for the tickets...go for it)

Until my next trip to Hawaii, ALOHA!  I will miss the island experience, the surf, sun and FUN!  


1 comment:

Bettina said...

I am sad for our time to come to an end, but it has been sooooooooooooo fantabulous I cannot even begin to be a whiner. The next 83 days will fly by and then we will be back together again :)

Mahalo for an awesome 25th anniversary trip of a lifetime!