Galveston

Saturday, March 05, 2011

Day 260 - Great seeing Great People

It is once again the time for friends to visit my location.  Yes, we have all of the DVs in town that you can shake a stick at.  In fact, so many Chiefs running around, I can't see straight and all of them have an opinion on how I am doing...Got to LOVE 'em! 

Really, it's great having them in town for a few days to see how we live here.  I know many of them have some rotten living conditions and this is like Shangri La.  I do believe we have some great facilities and they are reminding me every 5 minutes.  Too bad they don't realize the IRON we place overhead on a daily basis...too much to count and more than any of them!  However, I'm okay with the "ribbing"!!!!  It keeps me honest!


The BEST event was yesterday when an old Commander I hadn't seen in a few years happened to be in town for the event as well.  I was totally taken off guard when he walked up to me in a crowd of Chiefs and gave me the BIGGEST hug to say hello!  I felt....HONORED since I have such a deep respect for this gentleman!  

Then tonight, we had a little social and "Rev" came over and said hello again.  It was good to catch up with him a little and hear how the family is doing.  In fact, it's nice to find out where the family will be while he is deployed...  You won't believe it, but he is relocating the family to Omaha Nebraska!!!!  A place they fell in love with while stationed there.  In fact, it looks like this could be their retirement location of the future!  

It made my heart jump for joy to have a LEADER like this one take the time to come over and talk!  Boy, I would love to work for him...any time, any place.  WOW!!!!!!  Real leaders are hard to come by, but this one is just that a REAL LEADER!!!!

No comments: